Pea Plants

Pea Inoculates

I did not use a pea inoculate this year and I have never used it in the past: this year I replanted my peas 4 times with poor results. The pea seeds rotted in the ground WHY? The odd seed sprouted but rotted. As I have done in the past, I have used 1 year old chicken manure in my pea row and I don't know what happened this year. My beans are also very spotty as well, possibly 40% of them came up. Any help would be appreciated. My seeds were all purchased fresh this year. They were planted around the 5th of June so the soil was not cold, I don't think.

Make sure the soil is moist and try giving them a bit of slow-release balanced fertilizer at half strength. Also, beans do best in soil that has been inoculated and it's not too late to do this. This article will explain more on that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/beans/soil-inoculants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pea Plants