Passion Flower Vine

Passion Flower

tcup added on September 17, 2011 | Answered

I started a passion flower from seed about 2 years ago, and while the foilage is lovely, it has never produced a flower. I keep it indoors in a pot and put it outside on my porch during the summer. Our climate is too cold fo keep it outdoors permanently. How can I get it to bloom? Also, it never loses its leaves in the winter. Is that all right?

Fruit plants that are grown from seeds often need a few years before they will flower for the first time. If you do not see flowers by next year, try moving it to a brighter location and give it some bone meal to boost its phosphorous, which help with flowering.

If you are bringing it in for the winter and it is not losing its leaves, that is fine. They do not have to lose their leaves, but often indoors they go into dormancy and start to shed leaves. If yours is not, it just means that it is very happy and does not feel the need to go dormant.

00
Here are more questions about Passion Flower Vine