Basil Plants

Parasite on Basil?

Connie Luder added on December 31, 2017 | Answered

Something is attacking my basil. I was NOT blessed with the green thumb of my mom and my aunts. I have attached a photo. I tried to get as close as I could, but it's really hard to get a clear shot with the camera phone.

It appears to be something called soft rot. The bumbs will eventually turn black and rot off, which will kill the plant. This will likely kill the plant, but you can try wettable sulfur in the soil. It will be easier to restart the basil, though.

Just make sure to watch your watering, as this is the usual cause. Only water when the soil is pretty dry.

This article will give you more information on growing basil: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/basil/information-on-how-to-grow-basil-indoors.htm

00
Here are more questions about Basil Plants