Pampas Grass

Pampas Grass

remicat1 added on May 29, 2016 | Answered

My green growth is on a third of the plant. It is now almost June after a very cold and rainy May. I cut back the tan part in late winter. It is presently not trimmed to the ground but about 4-6 inches off the ground. What should I do to stimulate green growth on the other two thirds? Should I just dig it up where the green is not coming up?

kh0001

It's normal to see uneven new growth while it's still early in the growing season, but your grass may be starting to get overcrowded depending on how old the plant is. Thinning it out will have to wait till you perform annual pruning this year, but for right now you can try adding some fertilizer to the area around where there is no new growth. This article may help you:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/foliage/pampas-grass/pruning-pampas-grass.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pampas Grass