Pachysandra Plants

Pachysandra Turning Brown

gene.deltatto@gmail.com added on April 29, 2018 | Answered

I applied some 10 10 10 fertilizer to my pachysandra in early April. A good portion (about 40%) of the pachysandra has since turned brown. Is this because I may have over fertilized a portion of the pachysandra? Will the pachysandra survive and return to it greenish color this summer? Should I apply a different type of fertilizer? any suggestions or do nothing an hope it survives? Thanks, Gene

I don't think that this was the issue. It was likely over watered, which led to an infection in the soil. I would treat it with wettable sulfur, and dolomitic lime to recondition it for another plant.

It should only be watered when the soil remains dry for extended periods. This will help keep it from getting an infection in the future.

The soil may have already fostered the infection before you planted, so this may be of not fault of your own. You can treat the soil with the treatment mentioned above, and it will likely rid it of the infection.

This article will give you more information on their care: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/groundcover/pachysandra/

00
Here are more questions about Pachysandra Plants