Garden Problems

Outdoor Plants When It Turns Cold

lgmarketer added on October 16, 2015 | Answered

I have several potted plants/tropical plants that stay outdoors in spring and summer - i.e. a fern, two peace lilies, etc. We live in a log cabin with a big covered front porch. They stay on my porch all of the time. However, even though we have had 70 degree weather during the day, we are preparing for degrees at 36 or so tonight, and even colder Saturday night with the potential for colder Saturday night. Will the front porch be enough cover to keep the mild frost off, or should I also cover them with a sheet?

Always cover or bring indoors your plants that are tropicals or houseplants when the temperatures began to drop.

Covering with a sheet will help protect them, but remember to uncover when the temperatures warm during the day.

00
Here are more questions about Garden Problems