Bird Of Paradise Plants

Stem Broke on My White Bird of Paradise

ali_wilson added on March 21, 2014 | Answered

One of the stems broke in half on my white bid of paradise. My two year old thought it would be cute to hang from one of the lower stems and it ended up bending in half. It is still attached to the rest of the stem but it is just hanging limp. For now I tucked the leaf in one of the higher stems to help support its weight so it is not just hanging off to the side... How do I fix it? Do I trim it off or do I just let it hang? Is it possible to fix?

As long as it is just bent, you can save it by putting a splint on it. People commonly use a few chopsticks (or some other straight support device) and some florist tape to support the bend. Unfortunately, it will likely need this splint there for as long as the branch is alive.

00
Here are more questions about Bird Of Paradise Plants