Old Fashion Rose No Bloom on Stems

I took a small portion of a friend's old fashioned rose and planted it in my garden a few years back (about 3). It has grown 2-3 feet tall and gets new growth but there are no bloom shoots on the new growth that appears each year. I don't know if it needs more sun or fertilizer. It gets enough water (I think). I did spray for aphids this year and caught them early so I don't think that is the problem. Please help me because this rose smells so good and is a cabbage sort (I think) and I want it to thrive. Thank you so much for any input you may have.

Here is a link to an article on this subject for you: I have given such rosebushes a cup of Epsom Salts, sprinkled around the base and watered in with some water that has a product called Super Thrive in it. This treatment seems to kind of kick start roses that are not performing well.