Fennel Plants

Nutrition of Fennel

Are there precautions to using too much fennel? Either bulb or ferns? I use ferns - both fresh and dried for brewing and would like to know of precautions of over usage/mixing with other herbs.

Do a search for the nutritional qualities of Fennel for specific dietary concerns or even consult with a physician for any concerns.
Here is a link with some information.

Here is a link about companion planting of most common herbs.
Note at the bottom of the article that Fennel is an exception. It doesn't get along with others!

I also might suggest contacting a local grocery store in you area about the nutritional qualities of Fennel that you are wanting more specifics about. I know that many of the local grocery stores in my area employ a qualified nutrition expert that is available for questions and consultations and provide specific calorie and nutrition information.

I myself plant Fennel in my flower garden and keep it out of my herb bed.

Here are more questions about Fennel Plants