Plant Recommendations

Nothing Will Grow in a Certain Area of My Home

Sami added on October 29, 2015 | Answered

The front area of my home is about 3' wide between the front porch (brick) and the cement driveway. Against the brick porch I have loropetalum growing - which is doing okay, but slow growing. The area in front of that I want grass, but none would not take. Tried mondo grass, no again. No to moss. The local nursery suggested never-fail daylilies ~ no again. The soil seemed 'packed' to me - so I tilled it and added several bags of potting soil and Black Kow - tilled that in. (This was after the 1st attempt with the grass). Help! Any suggestions on what will grow there? Ground cover would be fine as well. Right now it is bare and ugly! Thank you

Starting the process of planting by having a soil test down will save you time, money and aggravation.

A soil test is easily done and will help determine what you may need to add or how to amend the problem area.

Your local County Extension office can help you with this process.

Here is a link to find your closest office.

Then you can make plant selections that will fit the growing area. Take in to consideration the number of sunlight hours that the planting area receives.

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations