Michelia Shrubs

No Scented Flowers on a Banana Shrub (Michelia Skinneriana).

Lady_DiAnna added on February 7, 2018 | Answered

Why don't the flowers on my banana shrub have any scent? I have 2 banana shrubs in pots that I grew from cuttings (from my main plants). I kept them on a western patio all summer but brought them inside when temps began to drop below 30 degrees at night. About 4 weeks ago, they began to bud. The flowers are now opening but they do not have the banana-like scent, they have no scent at all.The main plants had dropped leaves badly before I brought them inside any they don't have any buds.

It is likely that they didn't have enough fertilizer. This can cause lack of blooms, leaf drop, and many other symptoms. This article will help you with the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/banana-shrub/how-to-grow-banana-shrubs.htm

Here are more questions about Michelia Shrubs