Wisteria Vines

New Wisteria Plant Struggling

I bought a Wisteria plant, approx 3 ft tall, from a garden centre at 1/2 price about three weeks ago. I dug a hole about the size of a bucket to allow for plenty of compost to give it a start in my heavy clay soil. Three weeks on and it doesn't look like it is going anywhere, plus the leaves are looking a little yellow around the edges. I'm worried that it might be dying. Do you have any advice?

It does sound like it may have a touch of transplant shock. This article will help with that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

Also, be aware that when it comes to wisteria, they normally need a few years to settle into their new home. Trust me though, in 3 years, it will be growing faster than you can trim it.

00
Here are more questions about Wisteria Vines