Yucca Plants

My Yucca Plant Has Black Spots on It

junieb01 added on April 28, 2013 | Answered

My yucca plant has black spots on it. How do I get rid of them?

Sounds like a fungus (possibly due to too much moisture, especially if it is shaded quite a bit from the patio cover and not drying out enough between waterings). If the soil feels fairly moist, allow it to dry out some, perhaps moving to another location and treat with fungicide.

00
kreg

Well if it was under patio, there is a chance it could be honeydew from aphids in surrounding trees or plants. But if it seems to be getting worse, use ground cornmeal and place in sock for 24 hours then spray on plant in the morning. The triptofan in the cornmeal will leach out into the water. TRIPTOFAN is a natural fungicide. Use about a nice handful per gallon of water.

00
junieb01

Black areas are spread over the leaves. I noticed them several weeks ago. Yucca is outside under the patio cover.

00

Please expand your question. Where are the spots, how large, how many (% of plant involved), how long have you noticed them....

00
Here are more questions about Yucca Plants