Jalapeno Pepper Plants

My Vegetables Died

garden_dummy added on July 4, 2011 | Answered

This is my first year gardening. I started growing tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, broccoli, lettuce and cabbage straight from the seed into the ground. I watered them every day except for rainy days and a week later everything except the jalapeno peppers was about an inch tall. But then it seemed like a day or two later everything just died. And now I have nothing except lettuce, which were in a self watering pot, and are still growing strong. I did use Miracle Gro granulars. Could I have possibly over watered my garden to the point where they drowned and died? Or is it something else?

If you were starting them from seed in pots, they may have gotten a fungus called damping off. This article will help with preventing that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/seeds/what-is-damping-off.htm

00
Here are more questions about Jalapeno Pepper Plants