Tangerine Trees

My Tangerine Tree Is Dropping All of Its Fruit

I live in Santa Clarita, California. I bought a Satsuma Tangerine semi dwarf tree last summer. I planted it in a whiskey barrel planter with plenty of drainage. It had a lot of blooms this spring that fruited. However, the fruit recently has begun to yellow and drop off the tree. I water the tree with a deep soaking once a week. I would like to find out if there is a problem that needs to be addressed or is the tree to young to ripen fruit.

Hi, regarding your Tangerine tree problem, best thing to do is get a chainsaw and chop the withered old crinkly thing down, that'll probably sort it out. Alternatively you could use an organic liquid fish fertilizer, such as those made from naturally fortified 100% pure catfish protein.

Here are more questions about Tangerine Trees