Arrowhead Plants

My Syngonium Doesn’t Look Good After Repotting

ishrat added on June 20, 2013 | Answered

My Syngonium was growing well. But the pot wasn't nice. That's why I have divided my plant into two parts and repotted them in two different pots. Those pots have good drainage systems. But today I found my plants are dizzy. At the repotting time, I cut some roots. Is this the main reason? I am feeling hopeless. Please help me. I don't wanna lose them.

If the roots even moderately filled the pot, they were probably growing around the pot, and when you divided the plant, you may well have cut major root systems, so that now the plant halves are functioning with only a small portion of their original roots. I don't know if you untangled the roots before cutting the plant, but if you didn't, that might have saved some of the stress. However, not to worry. Bonsai enthusiasts often cut back the roots of a plant by 1/2 to 2/3. Roots are very vigorous, and they will grow again. Just make sure the soil stays neither too wet nor too dry, and you provide plenty of bright indirect light.

00

Your plants are probably experiencing transplanting shock or stress. Severing of roots during dividing is inevitable, but the plant isn't happy. The roots will grow, and your plants will perk up with a little time.

00
Here are more questions about Arrowhead Plants