My Roses Are Dying

rkay55 added on June 14, 2013 | Answered

The leaves on my roses started to look lacey looking then they all disappeared like they were eaten. They have a lot of roses on the bush but now they are all dying with no new buds and the entire bush is bare.

You have been invaded by perhaps something called Rose Slugs, at least that is what it sounds like. I highly recommend that you buy a product similar to the Bayer Tree and Shrub Care. It not only has food in it for the plant but also a very good systemic insecticide. The food will help give the rosebush some nutrition that it needs right now but will also get the insecticide into the bushes tissues. Then any slugs or other insects that try to feed more upon it will die. I also highly recommend watering each of the rosebushes with some water that has both a good root stimulator product in it and 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of a product called Super Thrive in it. These products in the water will help with the shock and stress the bushes are now dealing with.

Stan The Rose Man
Consulting Rosarian
Gardening Know How

00
JLPS

do they have white spots on the leaves? Use lime around the base. Spray them with one galloon water 1 cup oil , 2 Tab. baking soda, and a few drops of dawn. Mix well. Spray on plant. remove damaged leaves. This also helps get rid of Japanese beetles.

00