Lavender Plants

My Potted Lavender Plant Isn’t Growing or Flowering added on November 6, 2015 | Answered

I bought a potted lavender plant from Whole Foods at the beginning of the summer. I planted her in soil bought in a bag and put her in a beautiful pot on my patio which receives a great deal of sun. She hasn't flowered or seemingly even expanded at all. I live in Pennsylvania and our sunny days are often just as cloudy as sunny. I don't know why type of lavender plant she is. I read that lavenders grow naturally in sandy soil. I could add some sand. I have her pot in the sunniest of my windows. Any suggestions would be wonderful. I hope to one day move to New Mexico and take her with me! I don't have a photo. I'm sorry. Her stalks are no more than eight inches high and her leaves are more than an inch. I've broken some leaves and they smell wonderful. Could she be hibernating?

Here are more questions about Lavender Plants