Soil Problems

My Plants Are Dying

My soil for some reason stores water and I don’t know how to resolve that issue. My most expensive two plants died. When they were taken out, there was puddle of water under the plants. We changed spots and got another two plants. I do not even water them. It has been a month now and it rained a lot. I dug by the plants and again found water under them. If I don’t get the water out those two new expensive plants will die too. Please help resolve this issue.

It sounds like you may have a high water table where you live, which you will not be able to correct. You may want to consider gardening in raised beds. This will allow you to lift the plants out of the waterlogged soil and grow them in well draining soil. Raised beds can be build from rocks or wood and can look very stylish in the landscape.

00
Here are more questions about Soil Problems