Soil Problems
Q.

My Plants Are Dying

My soil for some reason stores water and I don’t know how to resolve that issue. My most expensive two plants died. When they were taken out, there was puddle of water under the plants. We changed spots and got another two plants. I do not even water them. It has been a month now and it rained a lot. I dug by the plants and again found water under them. If I don’t get the water out those two new expensive plants will die too. Please help resolve this issue.

A.
    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer

It sounds like you may have a high water table where you live, which you will not be able to correct. You may want to consider gardening in raised beds. This will allow you to lift the plants out of the waterlogged soil and grow them in well draining soil. Raised beds can be build from rocks or wood and can look very stylish in the landscape.

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
    Soil Problems
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More