Lilac Bushes

My Lilac Has Issues!

My lilac is roughly 7 years old and has been magnificent in past years. This year it leafed out nicely and there were many clusters waiting to open but they just shriveled up. The leaves have curled into a cupped shape and have brown spots. I've pruned it to allow for air flow and sun exposure and it gets plenty of water and compost.

We are moving into another home and I would like to take cuttings with me, but if it's going to be affected again, I'd rather leave it or dig it out and buy new shrubs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

This is likely a fungus of some sort. Treat the plant with fungicide. The new growth should be ok, so go ahead and take some cuttings if you would like. This article will help:

Here are more questions about Lilac Bushes