Lantana Plants

My Lantana Plant Is Drying

Maulshreems added on August 13, 2017 | Answered

My lantana plant is drying suddenly - flowers dried, leaves turning brown, plant becoming brittle. I got this plant (small) a month back. It was doing well till about few days back. It is planted in a small pot. What am i doing wrong?

Does your container have drainage holes? The picture shows very dry and poor soil, at least on top. Container plants need soil that is loose and drains well which is why potting soil mixes are popular. Regular garden soil can become compacted restricting root development and decreasing oxygen levels in the soil. I suggest trimming off the flower heads and several sets of leaves. After watering the previous day, transplant to a deeper container using potting soil or mixing equal parts garden soil, sand and compost. Locate the plant where it will have some protection from hot afternoon sun at least until it restarts new growth.

00
Here are more questions about Lantana Plants