Hibiscus Plants

My Hardy Hibiscus Is Coming Up but Is Looks Strange

Westygirl added on May 11, 2012 | Answered

The leaves are curled and very hard. The stems are also. I tried removing the smaller, almost rolled leaves, but this did not help. Does this sound like an insect infestation or ???

There are several things that could be causing leaf curl on your hibiscus. Drought issues are the most common issues, but soil pH, salt in the soil (or in the water if you use softened water). Aphids or a fungus can also cause this issue.

I would increase water to the plant for awhile and treat it with a pesticide and a fungicide. Neem oil is a good choice as it is both a pesticide and a fungicide and is organic and safe for people and animals.

You may also want to get your soil tested to see what the salt levels and pH are. This article will give you more information on that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/testing-soil.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants