Pepper Plant

My Christmas Pepper Plant

Rebecca Brett added on January 6, 2018 | Answered

I asked earlier about why my 3month old christmas pepper plants arent growing anymore, and was suggested to show pictures. Hopefully this will give more help to my poor little plants survival!♡♡♡

I do have a lot more information now! Thank you! There should only be one pepper per container, and that container will not be near big enough. You will want at least two gallons of soil per plant, at least.

The next issue would be the potting soil. I am starting to see the tell-tale signs of nutrient deficiencies. This appears to be a seed starting mix, which would not have much netients, but to sustain them for a couple of weeks. It is time to get them out and transplant, VERY carefully.

Turn them upside down with your hand over it being careful not to kill the plants, and once the soil is out of the pot, gently pry the plants apart, while lightly shaking off the dirt.

Get some fresh potting soil, and moisten it before you put it in the pot. Dig a small hole enough to place each one in, for each pot, and gently push the soil together around the stem from all sides.

Give a slight watering enough to set the roots in the soil. Then from there they will start to recover.

Here are more questions about Pepper Plant