Bonsai Trees

Bonsai Japanese Maple

Anonymous added on January 27, 2014 | Answered

My bonsai Japanese maple is drooping. I have watered. I had to move it because our new baby Siamese kitten was playing with it, chewing and digging in the dirt. Now it is dropping leaves and drooping. My husband and I really love this plant. What can we do? Thank you.

I suspect that it may have root rot. This article will help determine if that is the problem: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm With a new kitten, you may also have a case of a misplaced litter box. If you see signs that the kitten is peeing in the soil, replace the soil and try to keep her away from the plant. I put pine cones on top of the soil of my houseplants to keep my cats out of them.

00
Here are more questions about Bonsai Trees