Morning Glory Plants

Morning Glories/No Blooms

Jeffsdad added on September 11, 2016 | Answered

I planted morning glories from seed in early May, 4 1/2 months ago. There have been no blooms or even anything that looks like a bud. They have grown to a massive height/length. I have not used any fertilizer. Will they bloom after all this time or is it possible that they not bloom at all? I live in GA, zone 7. They are in full sun and we have had rain almost every week. I have never had them grow so prolifically. Thanks, David M.

This article will help you identify the problem:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/plant-not-blooming.htm

The prolific growth combined with no flowers suggests that the plants are getting a lot of nitrogen, even though you haven't fertilized. Maybe there is leftover nitrogen from the year before, or nitrogen that migrated over from nearby fertilized plants? High temperatures can also kill flower buds so this is another possibility; in that case the plants may have delayed blooms in fall.

00
Here are more questions about Morning Glory Plants