Mock Orange Bushes

Mock Orange Pruning Tips

tamie61 added on January 26, 2017 | Answered

I have had a Mock Orange for over 10 years and it has never bloomed. I have trimmed it even though it didn't bloom like one website said to. I keep nitrogen away from it, and it gets good sun. I was going to give it away this summer and then it was going. I really don't want to but what's the point of having it if it doesn't bloom. I live in central Missouri in zone 5. Help! Tamie

You are not alone in this complaint. We read many gardener complaints of a non blooming Mock Orange. I do feel that zone 5 can be more difficult for a Mock Orange. Many varieties are only hardy down to zone 6. Winter can easily kill off the buds.
I would also recommend a soil and ph test. Soil should be well draining with a neutral to slightly acid ph.

An application of Phosphorous may help promote flowering. Bone Meal is a good organic source of this needed nutrient.
Apply all the way out to the drip line of the tree.

I also have had some gardeners tell me they had luck with a hard prune which resulted in the tree producing some flowering the following season.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/mock-orange/no-flowers-on-mock-orange.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mock Orange Bushes