Mint Plants

Mint

okroijoe added on May 21, 2016 | Answered

I have several mint plants that a friend dug up from along a chain link fence. They were in competition with grass and weeds for sun, so they are tall with bare stems and a few leaves on top. How can I get them to grow lower and bushier? Please use layman's terms, as I am not an experienced gardener. I tried to load a picture, but my camera isn't working. Can I just cut them low in the pot? Will they grow back?

kh0001

It's a good thing your mint plant is in a pot, because it's almost impossible to kill and will spread like crazy if unchecked. Yes, you can absolutely cut it back and and it will continue growing. You can do your best to try to shape it the way you want, but mint grows pretty uncontrollably so you'll have to stay on top of it. Here's an article that may help you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/mint/how-to-grow-mint-plants-in-your-garden.htm

00
Here are more questions about Mint Plants