Miniature Roses

Mini Rose Bush

I have mini roses in a container, brought them in for the winter. They both lost all their leaves. One is coming back, the other one is not doing so good. Is it dead and can I plant it outside or is it to cold? I need help.

Sometimes the marketers place more than one mini rose in a pot so they look fuller to sell. They really should be divided up into separate pots so they are not fighting each other for available food and water. It is too cold now really to do outdoors plantings. I would transplant them into larger pots and keep an eye on the soils moisture over the winter. The one that is turning black should have the black portions pruned out and hopefully there is still some green going down into the soils, if not she might have died. When transplanted, you might give them some water that has some of a product called Super Thrive in it. It helps them deal with various stresses better.

Here are more questions about Miniature Roses