Gardenia Plants

Mini Gardenia Problem

I have never had gardenias although I'm from CA. When we moved to TX our brand new house had six mini-gradenia plants planted and I was thrilled. That first year they were lush green leaves and beautiful blossoms. This second year, however, on some of the plants, the stems are covered with teeny-tiny leaves (more toward the base of the plant) but you can hardly see that they are leaves - no flowers. A couple of the other bushes do have blossoms and a few leaf-clumps on the top of empty stems! I have fertilized each month but nothing is happening. I'm not doing something right and need to get to know this plant.

This could be caused by either pests or a fungus. Treat the affected plants with both a pesticide and a fungicide. I personally like neem oil as it is both and is also organic.

00
Here are more questions about Gardenia Plants