Ming Aralia Plants

Ming Aralia Soft Branches

anuta added on August 20, 2016 | Answered

I have a Ming Aralia, which is about 5-8 years old. I never had problems with it, but recently I noticed that its lower branches are soft and look down. They are still green, but still soft. We recently moved and it changed locations. It's hot, so cold isn't a problem. Maybe it had less light than usual. At some point, when I saw the soft branches, I thought it lacked water, so I watered more, but it didn't solve the problem....Please help!

Wilting or dropping of leaves and softening of branches can also be a result of too much water. The soil should get pretty dry between waterings (but not bone dry) so the plant isn't sitting in moisture all the time. If the problem doesn't get better soon, it could be root rot:

This article shows some other possibilities:

Here are more questions about Ming Aralia Plants