Petunia Plants

Mexican Petunias/Ruellia

I moved into my home 5 years ago and inherited two beautiful batches of Ruellia. They bloomed wonderfully the first two years, but over the last three years less and less. This year I have no blooms. The plants appear to be completely healthy. There is adequate sunlight, good soil, the right amount of water, no visible pests, the leaves are normal (green/not wilted) and so on. I have tried everything to figure out what's wrong. What is it that I'm not thinking of? I've tried fertilizing/not fertilizing, watering/not watering, compost/sand and still nothing. Any info appreciated.

There are a couple of possiblities. Your plants may need thinning because they've put too much energy into spreading, or your plants have become sterile. Try thinning them out.

00
Here are more questions about Petunia Plants