Marionberry Plants

Marion Berry Plants

dogpaws added on November 27, 2017 | Answered

The lower leaves are turning yellow. This is my first attempt growing these plants, they are in 35gal soft pots,I live on the Oregon Coast so it is wet to say the least. I made a spray for my roses with mild soap, drop of mineral oil and water for fungus/black spot could this also help the berries? Any advice would be welcome.

Berries such as this require VERY large root zones. They will do ok in those cloth pots, but even then they tend to require a good deal of maintenance. Even though it stays moist in your area, it is good to keep in mind that those pots are not designed to hold water in any sense. If there is a day that it does not rain, you may find yourself watering these twice a day.

Also, because of the design of the cloth pots, this means nutrients can be quickly drawn out of the soil. Not to mention those plants are heavy feeders. This appears to be a mild deficiency, which can be corrected be applying liquid fertilizers every two weeks, or a slow release once every 2 or 3 months.

00
Here are more questions about Marionberry Plants