Maidenhair Ferns

Maidenhair Fern

erolether added on November 22, 2016 | Answered

I purchased a maidenhair fern in March and it has grown beautifully and seemed very content until very recently, when it started to get brown leaves. The browning starts on the leaf edges, but some leaves have now completely dried out and died. Does anyone have any experiences of this and can they offer any advice? Internet searches suggest it's down to underwatering, but I have been watering it regularly. It does seem very thirsty but I can't seem to halt the browning. Thanks!

Browning leaf tips in ferns can also be due to low humidity. Increasing the humidity in the room should help. There are some more possibilities, like excessive salts or fertilizers in the soil, that you could check into:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/what-causes-brown-edges-on-leaves-of-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Maidenhair Ferns