Open2

Lovena

Lovena added on February 6, 2018 | Answered

I have a massive Jade plant with 3 strong trunks. They are bare abt the bottom with heavy heads. I do not want to destroy it as it looks fab with white flowers . I have tried transporting in a larger pot and propagated the base with new cuttings. Is there a way to get new shoots from the trunk please ?

This is just the way it will grow, naturally. This is a healthy plant, and I fear that too much chopping would harm the shrub. You can try knicking the trunk with a small, clean knife and this can help promote bushing, but it may not work with such an old plant.

Here is an article for more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/jade-plant/jade-plant-care.htm

10
Lovena

THanks for the reply. Much appreciated. I transplanted it yesterday into the larger pot. The root remained intact. I could not separate it. It was too tight so was worried about destroying it. It is looking like it will survive the transplant ! Thanks for the link.

00
Here are more questions about Open2