Lemon Trees

Lismore Lemon Tree.

R Cooke added on September 10, 2017 | Answered

G'Day, I have purchased a Lismore Lemon Tree from the Nursery in a pot and it is about 3 feet high. The soil it has been planted in is mostly clay, plus it is planted in the middle of a concrete slab. What is my best way to fertilise it, please. It is still cold overnight here, going down to -2C.

That is a bit cold for a lemon! If you can, bring the tree indoors for those temperatures. I would advise removing it from the clay soil, and getting a good citrus mix, or add sand to potting soil. This clay will restrict its ability to take up nutrients. There are many citrus fertilizers available, and some are meant to spray the leaves with. Here is a link that will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/how-to-grow-a-lemon-tree.htm

10
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees