Liquid Pesticide use in bulb flowers
Can i use liquid Chlorpyrifos in bulb flowers with mixing in water? There are termites and other soil worms eating and damaging my flower bulbs. Please give full details.
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Here is a fact sheet about chlorpyrifos. I don't know what pesticides are available for home use in India, but it is no longer registered for residential use in the U.S. Chlorpyrifos can be harmful if touched, inhaled or eaten. It also remains in the soil for weeks to years before it breaks down completely. It is toxic to birds, fish and other wildlife.
Termites don't normally eat bulbs. You may be seeing flying ants.
Remember too if you use a soil pesticide it will also kill beneficials like earthworms. Here are common pests of bulbs.