Lipstick Plants

Lipstick Mona Lisa Plant

Klvm added on July 4, 2012 | Answered

My lipstick mona lisa plant lost its leaves and then the stems dried out. There are 3 stems with leaves left. They have been fine for a month but I am not sure that it will survive or will grow new shoots. Any advice on how to save this plant?

As so often happens, I can't be sure what plant you have, because there are several species referred to by this common name(s); that's why it's helpful to use the botanical name or a picture. However, from your description, I think you may have had the soil too wet for the amount of light available. Rot sets in and your plant dies. To save what's left, you might try increasing the light, and let the soil dry down some, all the way to the bottom of the pot. Best thing would be to get a new plant and try again.

00
Here are more questions about Lipstick Plants