Lime Trees

Lime Tree

fldreds added on September 20, 2017 | Answered

I bought a lime tree about 5 years ago. It's about 4 feet tall now. Last year it started producing fruit. I was so excited until I cut one open and realized they are duds! The limes are almost all white rind on the inside with minimal pulp and no juice. They are useless. Is there anything I can do to salvage this tree that I've been nurturing for years? Could I graft another variety of lime onto the trunk? Trunk is about 1 1/4 inches thick. Thank you!

This is common, especially with trees grown from seed. Often times, they come out nothing like their parents. You may, absolutely, graft from another tree. Just make sure to take from a tree that is already mature enough to fruit. You can also graft just about any other citrus to it, such as lemons, oranges, etc.

Here is an article that will give you information on grafting: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/propagation/grafting/

00
Here are more questions about Lime Trees