Lime Trees

Lime and Orange Trees in Containers

We have the trees in an enclosed porch. Because of the recent warm weather, my husband wants to put them outside. We could cover them in case of frost, but what is the lowest temperatures they could handle? We are surely going to have some colder days ahead. Also, the lime tree is budding. Are lime trees self pollinating or do they need to be outside to achieve pollination? I know we didn't put them out until May last year.

I would wait a bit longer before putting them out, especially if they are budding. While covering them may save them from the cold, it will not save their flowers as those are much more vulnerable to the cold. Technically, they can take down to 40 F., but I would not push it much past 50 F.

00
Here are more questions about Lime Trees