Cabbage Plants

Lime on Cabbage, and Tomato Plants Turning Black

I have heard from 'the old timers' to use lime on my cabbage plants. What type of lime is better then others? Also, what could be causing my tomato plant's leaves to turn black? Hope you can help. Gardening in eastern West Virginia.

If the soil is acidic, then apply lime during the soil planting preparation. However, if you need to add lime, do so several weeks before planting. This will ensure that the lime has been incorporated into the soil and prevents damage to your cabbage seedlings. While lime is lime for the most part, that which is targeted towards horticultural use is usually preferable.

For the tomatoes, here is an article that you may find helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/tomato/early-blight-alternaria-tomato-leaf-spots-yellow-leaves.htm

00
Here are more questions about Cabbage Plants