Lima Beans

Lima Beans Low Production

I have a double 50-foot row of pole lima beans. Vines are beautiful, healthy, and green. Spring production has been low. I have sandy loam soil, which I add organic matter to annually. I do not fertilize since I have been told it promotes vine growth and not production. Presently I have very few blooms. What can I do to promote fall production since vines are very healthy. I have very few bees. Will fertilizer or lime help?

From your description poor pollination is your problem. Try planting additional plants and flowers that attract pollinators to help with that issue. You might also want to research using Mason bees for your garden. They are great pollinators and do not sting. There are bee houses and bedding available both commercially and you can make your own.
You have been misinformed about using fertilizer. Plants need it to grow, you get too much vine from to much nitrogen in the soil, normally it's from over fertilizing. More is NOT better when you are apply this amendments. By adding additional organic matter I'm sure you are getting most of your fertility from that, but when in doubt, don't guess, soil test.

Here are more questions about Lima Beans