Lilac Bushes

Lilacs

newilkinson@yahoo.com added on June 13, 2016 | Answered

I live in SE Wyoming. I have always loved lilacs, and the new place we purchased only had 1 bush. I have pampered it to a healthy plant. I planted 7 new plants last fall. 6 of them the rabbits ate off the new growth this spring before I caught them and corrected the problem. They are now coming up from the base and look very healthy. My question concerns the white bush I planted. It was about 3 ft. tall and leafed out this spring and had a few blooms. I thought it was a result of everything new. Now the blooms are accompanied with a few fuzzy brown growths, looks possibly like early die off of the blooms, and all of the leaves are curling and looking unhealthy. Not sure what to do. Thanks Nancy

Here is a link that will help you pinpoint the cause.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/lilac/common-lilac-problems.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lilac Bushes