Ligustrum Shrubs

Ligustrum Japonicum

deldridge added on May 5, 2018 | Answered

I had my L.japonicum severely pruned last year after a nine year growth. They maintained some leaves through the winter; began to bud; and, then a frost came and killed the new growth. Now, they will not bud and have billi green growth. Near the trunk it is still moist and difficult to break some small branches. Matter of fact, they bend rather than break. I decided to try and shock the bushes by lightly scarring the trunks. Will this wake them up, help them grow new growth? What affect did the frost have on the bushes? Thanks.

This is a very hardy shrub, and with time will recover just fine. In fact, you will find it hard to kill off, should you ever need to. Just give it time and it will recover just fine.

00
Here are more questions about Ligustrum Shrubs