Ligustrum Shrubs

Ligustrum Disease

raymmond added on January 14, 2018 | Answered

I have two ligustrum that have developed small brown cluster that produce very small leave bunches. There is one trunk that has completely transformed to this issue and looks barren , but is not dead. it has been going on for 2 years. It has spread to the other trunks of the tree and to the2nd tree in back yard. Neighbors tree has no sign of infection. I have read try Neem oil for fungus and insecticide. any other ideas? help?

This seems to be a fungal infection. Very strange though, as it seems to force it to flower and die at the site. There are a few ways to help cure the area of the issue, but I recommend using wettable sulfur, along with some dolomitic lime to buffer the soil. This should help clear up the issue.

Here are more questions about Ligustrum Shrubs