Money Plants

Lightened Leaves

I purchased a plant about 2 years ago that is a tropical plant. I don't remember the name. I think it is some type of money plant. It is grown from a piece of the tree. You scrape off the wax from the bottom and plant it and the tree begins growing out of the wood. I have always kept it in the house, but decided two weeks ago to set it outside for the summer on my porch. The leaves have now changed color from green to a very pale green. We have had a lot of rain over the last few weeks, so I don't know if it has received too much water or too much light.

The plant may be suffering from an iron deficiency. This commonly causes this kind of coloration on the leaves. This normally happens either when the plant is watered too much (including too much rain) and the nutrients get leeched away or if the pH is too high. It could also be attributed to stress if the plant was not properly acclimated when set outdoors.

Here are more questions about Money Plants