Lemon Trees

Lemon Tree Parasite

reneearmbruster added on March 25, 2018 | Answered

I have a 3ft lemon tree in a pot. I brought it in last fall. It had many blooms come on. I notice a scaly bumps on the leaves and where the branches meet. I continuely wipe these off with alcohol on cotton balls. It just get more. It some type of parasite

Yes, it is the scale bug. They will, completely, destroy the tree if left untreated. You should scrape off as many as you can, then spray the tree with neem oil. This will keep them from coming back. Unfortunately, they seal themselves to the tree, so unless you, manually, remove them, then the neem oil will not affect them.

This article will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/control-plant-scale.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees