Meyer Lemon Trees

Lemon Tree Flowers but No Fruit

Laura Lawhon added on April 24, 2016 | Answered

I finally put my Meyer Lemon tree in the ground after 3-4 years in a large pot. It always bloomed in January/February, but I never got fruit. This past year, in December or so, I put it in the ground, paying close attention to adding good soil and making sure the area had good drainage. I confess I haven't fertilized it well over the last few years, but I did do some after I planted it. Got tons and tons of blooms but, again, no fruit. I have ghost ants, and they were all over it when it bloomed - did they cause problems? Or is it that I wasn't diligent enough with fertilizer and it just needs another year in the ground? The leaves look really healthy this year. Or do I need to dig it up and try another Meyer tree? So disappointing - my in-laws have one in a pot in Austin, TX and they get tons of lemons. I'm in Houston.

melvin kozak

I not sure but I think the ghost ants are your problem.I do belive they eat the pedestal of the flowers causing them to be sterile.Try getting rid of the ghost ants and see what happens.

00
Here are more questions about Meyer Lemon Trees