Insect Pest Control

Lawn Grubs

muffieiam added on April 26, 2012 | Answered

My mother used Tide laundry soap on our lawn when I was a child to fight grubs. Is this a reasonable treatment to try? I have read about other cures online and at your site, but I was curious about this. I remember her doing this.

Susie, most people simply sprinkle the powdered Tide onto the lawn and water it in, no measureing really. But for the mole control, There is a recipe for 3 cups of Tide and 1 cup castor oil to a gallon of water.

00
Susie

what ratio of castor oil to unscented tide?? Do you make a concentrated liquid then spray it on? Thank you for the help.

00

While it may not be a cure, the original, unscented, powdered Tide (watered into lawn) contains Borax and Potassium, which bring them to the surface where the specified treatment chemicals can be more effective. It will also help regrow grass in those bare patches.

Adding castor oil in with the Tide is also said to help alleviate mole issues, as it coats the grubs in which they feed upon.

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control