Lawn Problems

Lawn Fungus

Is there a type of lawn fungus which will leave large green patches (about 3 ft in diameter) on your lawn? My neighbor has this and has complained that the spots are from my dog urinating on their lawn. My other neighbor has the same thing on their yard and their lawn care professional said it was a fungus. I have never heard of a fungus or dog urine leaving green spots.

Well first of all dog urine would turn the grass yellow, not green, so I'd say you (and your dog) are in the clear on this one. As for the spot being caused by fungus, it is possible, as there are many types of fungus, though it could also be due to the soil in that particular spot. Perhaps there is a septic line in that area as well as the other neighbor's, which would make the grass greener. For more information, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/lgen/dog-urine-grass.htm

00
Davo

This could be a fungus called fairy ring it's definitely not your dog.Fairy ring likes to grow around dead and decomposing stuff like tree stumps or maybe the lawn's need to be thatched to get rid of to much underlying dead grass.good luck

00
Here are more questions about Lawn Problems