Norfolk Island Pine Trees

Large Norfolk Pine

Hutton7 added on March 26, 2017 | Answered

I inherited a 8 ft tall Norfolk pine when I bought my house. The bottom branches have all fallen off. Is it possible to save this plant?

It is normal for a Norfolk pine to lose a few lower branches as it grows, so if the tree is still growing at the top, it is probably fine. However, if it's not growing at the top or looks unhealthy overall, there could be a problem with watering or light. Both overwatering and underwatering could cause the death of branches- make sure you water when the soil surface is dry but don't keep the soil constantly wet. Also make sure the tree has enough light and humidity as described here:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/norfolk-pine/norfolk-island-pine-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Norfolk Island Pine Trees